The 1st Herpetological Symposium organized by the Natural History Museum and the Greek Herpetological Society ( Societas Hellenica Herpetologica ) will be held on 4 and 5 November 2016.
The Symposium aims to inform the public about the reptiles and amphibians found in Greece and other countries and highlight their importance for natural ecosystems.
The participants in the Symposium will have the opportunity:
• To know and understand the importance of reptiles and amphibians
• To fight against misconceptions regarding the reptiles
• To know how to provide proper treatment when a reptile is detected in a garden or at home
• To be informed about the treatment of bites from snakes
• To be informed about the illegal trade in reptiles and amphibians and the legal framework
The Symposium will be held at the Goulandris Natural History Museum