WE ARE HIRING animal keeper for the mammal section
Summary: As an Animal Keeper, your main responsibility will be the care and well being of animals under your supervision. You will need to be prepared to work year round, over weekends and holidays and under all weather conditions. Animal keepers are responsible for the animal exhibits, involved with cleaning, maintenance and landscaping based on the requirements of each species. They must also have the ability to understand the needs of the animals under their care. Animal Keepers must be dedicated to conservation issues and animal welfare. Our zoo has a strictly hands-off/keeper-animal protective contact policy.
The duties of a zookeeper include:
- Food preparation.
- Feeding the animals.
- Cleaning and maintaining the animal's enclosure.
- Everyday animal behaviour observation.
- Assisting with veterinary procedures.
- Keeping daily records.
- Animal related studies or an equivalent combination of training and working experience.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work outside under all weather conditions.
- Good level of spoken and written English.
- Holding a driving license.
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to join our team, send us your covering letter and C.V. to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org